Are you the sales person that draws energy from ‘hunting’ new opportunities? Fleet Cleaner is looking for a new business developer to join our team. You will be working at an international and innovative organisation, with our office in Delft as the base.
The sales department
The sales department is responsible for all of Fleet Cleaners sales activities worldwide, and strives to maximize the deployment of the cleaning installations. Fleet Cleaner is an innovative company that wants to set a new standard for ship’s hull cleaning with it’s unique and revolutionary cleaning installation. You will start working in a small team aiming to realize this vision.
As business developer you are (partly) responsible for the filling the portfolio of cleanings of the current installation, and expanding the sales channel for the coming new installation. Thus you will assist in the commercial development of new geographical locations where the installation will be operated. Being in close contact with the various stakeholders is of significant importance; not only will you be in contact with shipping companies and ship management companies, but also terminal, port (authorities), shipping agents and contractors such as diving companies. A good understanding of the maritime industry, as well as the technical aspects of our installation, is crucial. Your role will comprise both making initial contact with new parties, as maintaining existing relationships.
- Drafting quotations and maintaining of direct client contact, taking into account the interests of the different stakeholders
- Identify potential market segments and clients within these segments
- Face-to-face and phone meetings with potential new clients to evaluate their desires and present Fleet Cleaners solution
- Continued development and maintaining of a sales plan, and thereby also helping to expand the sales department
- Developing long-term customer relations and service contracts
What we offer
- A versatile job with challenges in different areas
- An ambitious and informal working atmosphere in a growing and challenging environment
- A high degree of responsibility within a short time span and opportunity to make a big impact within the company
- A competitive salary with secondary employment conditions and possibility to grow within a fast developing company
What we ask
- Bachelor or Master degree, with 5-10 years of relevant experience; experience with sales in the maritime sector is preferred
- Proven track record of experience with successful sales cycle: from sales opportunities to closing deals
- Willingness to travel: visiting clients and stakeholders requires a lot of travel time, within Europa but also outside. Be prepared to possibly work weekends when necessary
- Motivated individual with excellent communication skills (English and Dutch), ability to build and maintain relationships, and willingness to take the extra step to ensure satisfied clients
If you are interested or have any questions about this position, contact us at HR@fleetcleaner.com. To apply, please send us your curriculum vitae (CV) and motivational letter.