Would you like to be at the helm of one of our workboats with the cleaning installation and robot? Would you like to become part of a young fast growing organization with international plans? Would you like to pick up other technical issues and work as an Operator when the work vessel is not sailing? Then Fleet Cleaner is looking for you!
As Cooperative Captain you are responsible for the nautical aspect of the operation, especially the sailing of the work vessel. The usual berth of the working vessel is Rotterdam, but the work can take place in all the major Dutch and Belgian seaports. You will be responsible for planning shipping routes, bunkers, and you can also be deployed as operator of the cleaning installation. Because the cleaning of ships is a 24/7 job, we work with a 1:1 schedule where you work on the ship for one week and then you are at home for one week. Finally, you are also responsible for the maintenance of the working vessel, ensuring that the work vessel is in good condition.
The activities of the Cooperative Captain will include the following:
- Sailing of the vessel;
- Maintenance of the vessel;
- Keeping track of on board supplies (paint, groceries, bunkers, etc.);
- Supporting activities during cleanings (for example taking care of food/eating, but also controlling and maintaining of the cleaning installation);
- When necessary you help with the operation, during mooring and shifting the vessel, and during attachment of the robot to the target vessel.
Who are you?
In order to properly perform the role of Cooperative Captain, we ask the following:
- Commercial vessels master’s certificate (Dutch: “Groot vaarbewijs A”), preferably including ADN certificate;
- Knowledge of the ports is an advantage;
- Capability to work independently, but also in a team;
- Practical technical knowledge and skills, and an eye for which maintenance is necessary;
- Good knowledge of English language.
What do we offer you?
We would like to offer you the following terms of employment for the role of Cooperative Captain:
- Varied work on board the vessel;
- An ambitious and informal working atmosphere in a challenging environment;
- A high degree of responsibility;
- A competitive salary with secondary employment conditions and a flexible working environment.
Who are we?
Fleet Cleaner has set a new standard for the cleaning of ships, with the ambition to set up a worldwide network of cleaning installations. We are a young, growing team that is continuously working to improve and expand our innovations. There are two fixed cleaning installations installed on workboats operating in Europe’s largest seaports, and a third cleaning installation deployed on new projects.
If you are interested or have any questions about this position, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, please send us your curriculum vitae (CV) and motivational letter.