Would you like to tinker with our high-tech cleaning installation and robot? Would you like to become part of a young fast growing organization that has international plans? Would you like to work in an environment with sufficient opportunities for development and career advancement? Then Fleet Cleaner is looking for you!
For our operations department we are looking for an Operator/Mechanic to operate our cleaning installation and robot on our workboat and keep it in top condition through maintenance. The team within the operations department is a young and energetic team consisting of technically trained people. Together we make sure that the cleaning installation is ready for use 24/7 and carry out updates to take the installation to an even higher level. In addition, you are closely involved in the implementation of all technical updates. You are therefore busy with technology on a daily basis and your input is also used to improve both the installation and the execution of cleaning. In this multi-faceted function you fulfill a crucial role within the operations department. Because the cleaning of ships is a 24/7 job, we work with a 1:1 schedule in which you work on the ship for one week and then you are at home for one week.
Within the operations department you can grow to Shift Leader or even Superintendent, where you will be responsible for a cleaning installation. Or if you prefer, you can also progress to an expert in the field of maintenance or towards the nautical side (Sailor and then Captain).
The activities of the Operator/Mechanic will include the following:
- Prepare and execute maintenance works on the installation and the robot, both planned maintenance as incidental maintenance;
- Help in the setting up maintenance plans and manuals;
- Help with the cleaning operation, where you will operate the robot and installation in order to clean ships in various ports.
Who are you?
In order to properly perform the role of Operator/Mechanic, we ask the following:
- A completed vocational education (MBO in Dutch) level 4 in Mechanical engineering or similar;
- Regular availability for emergency maintenance or operational activities outside of office hours (compensated for by a fixed fee);
- Basic knowledge of electrical engineering, hydraulics and pneumatic systems;
- Working experience or internships (0-2 years) in a relevant discipline is an advantage;
- Capability to work independently, but also in a team.
What do we offer you?
We would like to offer you the following terms of employment for the role of Operator/Mechanic:
- A nice job for an Operator/Mechanic, with plenty of opportunities to grow within the operations department;
- An ambitious and informal work culture in a growing and challenging environment;
- A high degree of responsibility within a short period of time;
- A competitive salary and fringe benefits and a flexible work environment;
- Tailor-made training: Internal operator training and associated courses.
Who are we?
Fleet Cleaner has set a new standard for the cleaning of ships, with the ambition to set up a worldwide network of cleaning installations. We are a young, growing team that is continuously working to improve and expand our innovations. There are two fixed cleaning installations installed on workboats operating in Europe’s largest seaports, and a third cleaning installation deployed on new projects.
If you are interested or have any questions about this position, contact us at HR@fleetcleaner.com. To apply, please send us your curriculum vitae (CV) and motivational letter.