Do you enjoy tinkering around a high-tech installation? Fleet Cleaner is looking for a mechanic / operator for our operations and maintenance department. With this job you fulfill one of the core tasks of our team. Are you up for a technical challenge? Apply directly via email@example.com!
The operations and maintenance department
With one fully functioning cleaning installation already active in all the Dutch sea ports (mainly Rotterdam), Fleet Cleaner operates in a challenging industrial environment within the maritime sector. The operational and maintenance team is young and energetic, consisting of people with a technical background. Together we carry out the cleaning operations, maintain a 24/7 up-time for our installation, and perform updates to take our installation to the next level.
As a maintenance mechanic you are responsible together with the rest of the team to maintain the cleaning installation in top condition. You are also closely involved in implementing all technical updates to the robot and installation. Your day-to-day work involves a lot of technical know-how and your input is used to improve both the installation as well as the execution of cleaning operations.
As a secondary function you will also be trained as a operator. This brings you even closer to practice and will provide you with an even better picture of how our technology works. In this versatile function you fulfill a crucial role within the maintenance and operations department. Within the maintenance department you can develop into Chief Mechanic, en within the operations department to Shift Leader or even Superintendent, making you responsible for a cleaning installation.
- Prepare and execute maintenance works on the installation and the robot, both plannen maintenance as incidental maintenance
- Help in the setting up maintenance plans and manuals
- Help with the cleaning operation, where you will operate the robot and installation in order to clean ships in ports
What we offer
- A nice starting position for maintenance mechanic / operator, with sufficient career opportunities within the operations and maintenance department
- An ambitious and informal working atmosphere in a growing a challenging environment
- A high degree of responsibility within short time span
- A competitive salary with secondary employment conditions and a flexible working environment
- Custom education: in-house training for an operator and associated courses
What we ask
- A completed vocational education (MBO in Dutch) level 4 in mechanical engineering or similar
- Regular availability for emergency maintenance or operational activities outside of office hours (compensated for by a fee)
- Basic knowledge of electrical engineering, hydraulics and pneumatic systems
- Working experience or internships (0-2 years) in a relevant discipline is an advantage
- Capability to work independently, but also in a team
If you are interested or have any questions about this position, contact us at HR@fleetcleaner.com. To apply, please send us your curriculum vitae (CV) and motivational letter.